Effective July 1, 2018
Our work is guaranteed to the complete satisfaction of the customer. If the customer is not completely satisfied with the services performed by Edmundson & Company, CPAs, we will, at the option of the customer, either refund the price, or accept a portion of said price that reflects the customer’s level of satisfaction. We will assume you are satisfied when final payment is received. This guarantee does not apply when prohibited by law or professional ethics.
Our hourly rates range from $85 to $160/hour. All individual tax return fees include a $125 base charge for general overhead, tax software charges, etc. This charge does not include shipping or other direct charges associated with your return. Please ask about our fixed fee option.
Our minimum income tax preparation fees are $400 for individuals and $950 for businesses.
We electronically file all eligible Federal and state electronically at no additional charge. If you prefer to mail your return then please let us know ahead of time.
We retain our files electronically. It is your responsibility to maintain records in the event of an audit. We do not have copies of all the information needed to support your return. For audit purposes, electronic records may not be acceptable to the IRS or the states.
Brief phone calls and simple e-mails, not related to an ongoing project, are not billed.
You can reduce your tax return preparation costs by:
- As early as possible, providing all materials needed to prepare your return.
- Filling out the organizer completely before returning it to us, and providing all other necessary related materials. Completion of the organizer is OPTIONAL. If you choose to leave it blank, please dispose of it securely.
- Maintaining accurate cost basis information for your investments. Tracking down the cost and date acquired for investments increases your preparation cost.
- Returning your signed engagement letter with your information. If the engagement letter is not returned then your information is not complete.
- Tax returns are prepared in the order we receive them. We do not work on returns until all information has been received. If any missing items (i.e. K-1 forms) are sent to us after March 15, you may need to file an extension even though we had all your other information prior to that date. Getting your information in by March 15 is not a guarantee that your return will not have to be extended. It is only our expectation that it will not be extended.
Your completed tax return may either be picked up or mailed to you. Payment, in full, is expected when you receive your return. An 18% per year finance charge will be added to the fee if payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date. All returns prepared need to be paid for before being picked up or mailed out. We accept cash and checks. We do not accept credit or debit cards.
All new clients and any clients with new or involved situations (including buying or selling real estate) should schedule an appointment. If you believe you will require more than an hour for your appointment, please let us know when you schedule it.
Please send us a copy of any notice you receive from the IRS or any state income tax department. We can best explain the notice to you if we have it in front of us. We do not charge for the first hour spent investigating and replying to the notice. You will be charged for time in excess of an hour at our standard rates.